Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ape aku tengah buat

I have a tab that I completed almost a year ago, but tak penah release. It’s a complete tab, not just the solo. I like the song, it’s fun. Well the lyrics may be cheesy, but it’s a fun song. :D Aku rediscover lagu ni mase pegi roadtrip ngan kengkawan menjelajah US west coast. I got hooked ever since.

But the question is how I should present it in such a way that makes you like the song too, if you don’t already like it. We’ll see.

__________________________________

I’m also hunting for an acoustic guitar, cap Taylor. Probably not a 214CE. It’s too expensive. I’m going for 114CE. It’s a bit cheaper, but aku try kat kedai, the sound is good enough for my taste. And aku suke low-end Taylor sebab finish dia simple. Somehow I like an acoustic guitar that doesn’t look too fancy. I don’t like a shiny acoustic guitar, for some reasons.

So a 114CE ni list price dia without a hardcase is $1,178 (~RM3900). Kalau kat Guitar Center dekat umah aku, $900 (~RM3000). Still more than what I’m willing to pay. Don’t get me wrong. The guitar in my opinion is really worth the price. But aku kedekut sket. :P So I’m gonna be hunting for a bargain on this guitar.

__________________________________

Next week I’ll be going back to school. Just part time, for fun. Aku plan nak amik class Philosophy ngan Music at a nearby community college.

Why Philosophy? Because I like thinking. Because it’s helpful for my intellect. So first class yang aku akan amik is Critical Thinking. It’s my favorite subject, I’ve been reading about it quite a bit. Now I just want to have a formal education on the subject. It’s a fascinating subject. I think everyone should learn it. In it you’ll learn what makes sense what don’t. It teaches you how to think clearly, how to detect nonsense in what people say, how to form sound arguments. The world is full of bullshit, and politicians especially love to bullshit, and a lot of people buy it. Well, I guess we are not naturally logical beings, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try.

I like Socrates, but not as much as I like my fictional heroes, Lt. Cmdr. Data and Captain Jean Luc Picard. :D I don’t watch Star Trek for cool special effects or fight scenes, I watch it for its philosophical values, for the thought provoking issues the crews deal with.

 

Music class pulak aku just amik fundamental of music. I’m just using this opportunity to have a formal education on music, and see if I missed anything from my own reading about the subject.

None of these would make me more money. Instead of doing this, I could be doing my masters in engineering, or get my Professional Engineer license. But I do it because I believe it will make me a more complete human being. I just want to learn for the sake of learning the subjects, diversify my knowledge, to be good in many tihngs. And this time takde pressure macam mase aku amik degree dulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment